For those who are considering their options for retirement, having the right information upfront is key to making a well-informed decision.
Samford Grove Retirement Village recently opened its doors to provide valuable information about retirement village living at its Retirement Living Expo.
Nearly 100 people came along on the day to hear from a range of guest speakers:
- Retirement village contract lawyer from Minter Ellison
- Downsizing expert Rebecca Seng from Super Organised
- Home care expert Five Good Friends
- Financial advisor from Precision Wealth Management
- Local real estate agent Tony Crompton from Ray White Samford
Together, each speaker gave an overview of the steps involved with moving into a retirement village along with some helpful ideas to ensure the process runs as smoothly as possible.
Some key tips included:
- Reach out to a real estate agent who knows the local market and can give insight about the best improvements to invest in.
- When downsizing, try not to hang onto items ‘just in case’ – especially large items like lawn mowers or ladders. If you need them on the odd occasion in the future, you can always borrow or hire.
- Seek professional advice from lawyers and financial advisors who have experience with retirement villages.
Samford Grove resident Vicki also stood up to speak about the many lifestyle benefits she has enjoyed since moving to the village 15 years ago, saying, “It’s the best decision we ever made.”
The Retirement Living Expo also provided an opportunity to celebrate the stage 1A launch of the village’s new development, which is due to commence construction in the coming weeks.
Stage 1A will include 14 luxurious two and three bedroom independent living homes, along with 12 independent living apartments set on top of a brand new clubhouse, ‘The Homestead’.
Expressions of interest are now open for those who would like to secure one of these homes – visit our For Sale page for more information.